Hospice RN, Registered Nurse (Full Time - Nights) (Respite House)
- Job Ref:
- 3113 Roosevelt Hwy, Colchester, VT
- Registered Nurse
- Employment Type:
- Full Time
- UVM Health Network Home Health & Hospice
- HHH - Clinical MMRH
- Job Type:
- Primary Shift:
- 7:00 pm - 7:30 am
- Hours per Week:
- Weekend Needs:
- As Scheduled
- Pay Rate:
- $30.81 - $46.22 per hour
Respite House Registered Nurse, RN
Full Time / Night (7p - 7:30a)
External candidates are eligible for a one-time signing bonus of $5,000 (prorated for part time roles). The bonus will be paid out as a $2,500.00 pay adjustment in the first pay check and the remaining $2,500.00 will be paid upon completion of six months of satisfactory service.
The University of Vermont Health Network McClure Miller Respite House provides inpatient hospice care for people with terminal illness. The McClure Miller Respite House is a unique model in health care and Vermont’s only Medicare-certified inpatient hospice residence. Our mission is supported by our dedicated staff and community volunteers during the last chapter of people’s lives while sustaining dignity, respect and caring relationships.
The RN provides hospice and palliative care focused on maintaining quality of life for patients by performing a full range of skilled nursing care. This position focuses on patient care and education to meet the physical and emotional needs of patients, while providing support to families.
- Provide a full range of skilled nursing care to terminally ill patients in a home for the terminally ill, under general personal and procedural clinical supervision.
- Provide emotional support and general companionship to patients, their families, and other caregivers, before and after death, as appropriate to individual circumstances.
- Admit patients and conduct comprehensive initial assessments.
- Confer with patients' families, physicians, and other service providers to coordinate services, discuss patients' status, needs and problems, and provide information on available resources for funerals/burial/cremation.
- Prepare all required clinical and administrative documentation related to assigned activities, including admissions write-ups, chart notes, documentation of conversations, care plans, etc.
- Associate's Degree or higher in Nursing
- Current RN licensure or compact licensure recognized by the State of Vermont required
- One or more years of directly related home, public health or hospice nursing experience preferred
- Registered Nurse - State Issued
- CPR - Basic Life Support - Other