- Job Ref:
- Food Service
- Employment Type:
- Full Time
- Health Care Partner:
- The University of Vermont Medical Center
- 111 Colchester Ave, Burlington, VT
- Nutrition Services - Main Kitchen
- Job Type:
- Primary Shift:
- Hours per Week:
- Weekend Needs:
- Every Other
- Pay Rate:
- $21.61 - $31.51 per hour
This is a full-time, 40 hour per week position. Must be able to work every other weekend. Full time employees are eligible for comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, retirement, tuition reimbursement and paid time off.
At The University of Vermont Medical Center, we understand that nutrition and food systems are inextricably linked to the health of our patients and our community. This is reflected in our commitment to serving fresh, locally produced, minimally processed foods, and to partnering with farmers throughout the region to supply healthier food to patients while boosting the local economy. The Line Cook is responsible for the preparation of nutritious, high quality meals in a high volume environment, serving patients, employees, visitors and catering requisitions. Instead of delivering trays with the same meals at the same time regardless of patient preferences or schedules, the UVM Medical Center allows patients to order what they want when they want it. This significantly reduces food waste and improves the care experience for our patients and families. This service is winning "four-star reviews" from patients and has been recognized in the national media. Our goal is to be a national role model for healthy and sustainable food systems.
High school graduate or equivalent required.
Minimum of one year experience in quantity food preparation.
This is how we support our team:
- Professional, supportive working environment
- Preferred schedule (AM or PM shifts)
- Evening shifts end by 8:30pm, no late nights!
- Every other weekend off
- Shift differentials for weekend hours worked
- Tuition reimbursement to support education and advancement
- Great benefits, including health insurance, retirement savings, counseling services & wellness
- Opportunities for career advancement within the organization
- Paid sick time, holidays and vacation.