- Job Ref:
- 111 Colchester Ave, Burlington, VT
- Food Service
- Employment Type:
- Full Time
- The University of Vermont Medical Center
- Nutrition Services - Main Kitchen
- Job Type:
- Primary Shift:
- Hours per Week:
- Weekend Needs:
- Every Other
- Pay Rate:
- $17.34 - $26.01 per hour
This is a full-time, 40 hours per week position on the day/evening shift.
$4,000 signing bonus. See below for further information. APPLY TODAY!
This is a full-time, 40 hours per week position on the day/evening shift. In addition to the hourly rate of pay, there will be a $1.15 to $7.15 differential depending on shift. Full time and part time employees are eligible for comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, retirement, tuition reimbursement, and paid time off.
The Prep Cook is responsible for food production, food portioning as well as various duties to support food production. Prep Cook's provide excellent customer service to ensure department quality initiatives and goals are met. Specific duties may include cashier, warewashing/pot pan washing, patient tray service and catering. Employees are required to handle all types of food products, including pork, shellfish, beef, poultry, seafood, vegetable, and any other food products.
High School diploma or GED. ServSafe Certification required.
Minimum of one year experience in quantity food preparation/service required. Must have excellent customer service skills and be able to work as part of a team. Basic ability to speak and understand the English language is needed.
This is how we support our team:
- Professional, supportive working environment
- Preferred schedule (AM or PM shifts)
- Evening shifts end by 8:30pm, no late nights!
- Every other weekend off
- Higher pay for evening/weekend shifts (option to work all weekends to earn more!)
- Tuition reimbursement to support education and advancement
- Great benefits, including health insurance, retirement savings, counseling services & wellness
- Opportunities for career advancement within the organization
- Paid sick time, holidays and vacation
External candidates are eligible for a one-time signing bonus of $4,000. The bonus will be paid out as a $500 gross pay adjustment in the first pay check; the second installment of $1,500 will be paid upon completion of 90-day orientation; the final installment of $2,000 will be paid upon completion of one year (2,080 hours) of service in the department hired into. Amounts reflect gross pay, prior to applicable tax withholdings and deductions required by law. Please note that current UVM Health Network employees are excluded from eligibility for this bonus. Additional terms and conditions apply.